If you have got a HTC One M8 and you want to flash with the custom ROM then you are at the right spot to learn. Today, I am going to give you a quick guide on the process of flashing your HTC One M8. First, we will talk about the necessary prerequisites for the flashing job and then it will be followed by a step by step guide on the process of flashing HTC One M8. So let's start.
Prerequisites before Flashing HTC One M8.
1. The 1st and most important thing is to backup all your important data because everything will be gone from your phone once the process is done.
2. The battery must have 80% backup and make sure that you have downloaded and installed the USB drivers for the phone.
3. Also, make sure that you have enabled the debugging mode of your phone.
Step by Step to Flash HTC One M8.
Let us now flash the phone once you are done with the prerequisites.
1. Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
2. Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device.
3. Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
4. Follow the on screen instructions and select Bootloader > go to Recovery.
5. Once in recovery, perform wipe data task: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
6. Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
7. From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Locate the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
9. Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step, but select GApps package this time.
10. Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M8 into the new custom ROM.
First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient. You are now done with the flashing process of HTC One M8. Enjoy using your phone and keep visiting our website for more free tech guides and free drivers.